Senior Software Engineer
This position is responsible for configuring and developing innovative, creative portals and related solutions, using web and mobile tools and technologies. Learn about our portal here. Prior software development experience is required, as well as familiarity with Web-based enterprise applications hosted in a Windows database server environment.
This position supports and contributes to custom Web-portal designs, as well as lead programming, code reviews, and testing. In summary, this means responsibility both for the programming strategies and technical development plans leading to finished products and for meeting client needs and producing best-in-class Web portals.
This position works closely with AllenComm’s technical leadership on architecture strategies for specific clients and AllenComm’s portal products generally.
- Provide technical strategy and execution (based on the AllenComm portal model) for custom portal projects and related performance apps, dashboards, and products
- Work closely with portal project managers and other members of the project team to deliver timely and fully functional completion of deliverables
- Plan programming sprints and resources to align with the portal project manager’s schedule for each project
- Troubleshoot issues with clients or with the support group and provide mentoring to the support group for all projects/clients assigned to you
- Work with the project manager to communicate with internal and external team members about project status, issues and anything that impacts the project
- Support technical strategy documentation for client solutions
- Communicate effectively, as a technical expert, with internal and external teams
- Contribute to R&D efforts for new tools, applications, codebases, and frameworks for the core portal product, related AllenComm products, and internal initiatives
- Work with all team members (project manager, product architect, other engineers, product support) to deliver world-class solutions to our Fortune 1,000 – 50 clients
- 5+ years’ relevant experience
- History of successful technical work and client interaction
- Strong understanding and experience with MS SQL databases
- The following are a plus:
- Experience architecting application software and database design
- Experience customizing and configuring application software
- Experience with Mobile Application development (Native, Hybrid) and Mobile technologies (React Native, Java/Kotlin, Objective-C, others)
- Client-facing technical experience is beneficial, but not mandatory
HOW TO APPLY
The position includes a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, and we anticipate growth opportunities.
Demonstrating professional communication abilities, both written and verbal are a must. In addition, we value creativity, resourcefulness, and a strong desire to learn and grow, and we seek candidates who can contribute to a fun, friendly, smart team culture, helping us continue to build a great work environment for us and our clients.