How do you develop training courses for a partner trusted with sales training for some of the most respected and recognized organizations – including FedEx, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Johnson & Johnson, and Getty Images?
Top sales training company ASLAN needed to expand its Other-Centered® Selling training from instructor-led sales workshops to include a web-based companion course. They wanted to expand from a purely in-person event held over the course of multiple days to offer a supplemental digital learning resource. The new course had to introduce key principles, prime participants for the workshops, increase buy-in, and ultimately help learners to get more from the experience. What's more, ASLAN could show the web-based course when recommending Other-Centered® Selling to prospective clients.
When designing the ASLAN course, AllenComm focused on translating the dynamic feel of ASLAN’s workshops into an online version. AllenComm incorporated personal stories and unexpected examples through interview-style videos of ASLAN thought leaders to breathe life into key concepts and deliver a unique and engaging training experience.
The course reflects real-world sales experiences and introduced each module with a stand-alone scenario that demonstrated the results from traditional sales techniques, then compared them to the proprietary techniques. Scenarios were provided throughout the course to help generate learner buy-in and allowed learners numerous opportunities to practice applying the principals they have been taught.
To communicate the extensive experience of ASLAN’s team and the success of its approach, AllenComm built the course around carefully crafted, real-world scenarios. Through these scenarios, learners sit in the driver’s seat, practice applying what they’ve learned, and compare the results of traditional sales techniques to the superior outcomes of Other-Centered® Selling.
The new digital learning course had a transformative impact, in that:
- More workshop time can be focused on applying concepts to the learners’ real-life selling experiences and practicing vital skills in a social setting because learners enter the workshop with working knowledge of the key concepts of Other-Centered® Selling
- Learners can access the companion course before or after the workshop at their convenience
- Potential clients can get a taste of what Other-Centered® Selling has to offer
- Gold Omni Award Other-Centered® Selling in Educational category
- Silver Davey Award Other-Centered® Selling in Education for Websites category
- Silver Davey Award Other-Centered® Selling in Training for Websites category