6 Employee Development Training Trends That Will Dominate In 2024
What are the employee development training trends that will shape the corporate training landscape in 2024? Read this article to find out.
Employee Training And Development: Which Trends Will Shape The Next Year?
The past few years have brought more innovation and change in the business world than we ever bargained for. As a result of these advancements, employees are constantly having to add new skills to their knowledge base, making the need for effective training and development increasingly obvious. But what more can L&D teams do to support employee development in the new year? In this article, we explore 6 employee development training trends that are expected to take center stage in 2024 and elevate learning within your organization.
Which Skills Do Employees Need Heading Into 2024?
Although it is hard to know which skills will be in demand in the future, there are a few predictions that can be made based on the trends we will discuss later on in this article. Let’s see which skills employees will need to keep up with the rapid pace of the industry.
- Data skills: As businesses start relying on data even more, employees will have to be skilled in analyzing and visualizing data to make impactful decisions regarding their company’s employee training strategy.
- AI and Machine Learning: Artificial Intelligence is one of the most important employee development training trends we will see in 2024. As a result, advanced knowledge in programming languages, the use of AI and generative AI, as well as Machine Learning engineering will be in high demand.
- Cybersecurity: All businesses will have to invest in cybersecurity training if they want to deal with the increasing number of cyber threats and hacking attempts.
- Digital marketing: If you haven’t developed a digital marketing campaign, you’re not doing enough to keep up with your competition. Skills in areas such as SEO, digital advertising, and social media marketing are necessary to run a successful business.
- User Experience design: It’s one thing creating online learning experiences for learners, but they also have to be engaging. This is where UX design skills will come into play to ensure that your digital products are functioning, intuitive, and attention-grabbing.
- Project management: With projects becoming more complex and multifaceted, businesses will need people with advanced project management skills to ensure everything runs smoothly without pushing deadlines or budgets.
6 Employee Development Training Trends We See In The Horizon
1. Immersive Learning
Engaging employees in the process of learning is becoming increasingly challenging for L&D teams. Therefore, an employee development training trend we are expecting to gather momentum in the next year is immersive learning experiences. More and more companies are investing in training programs that utilize Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) to offer their workforce learning that is more interactive and innovative. Apart from that, immersive tools allow organizations to create a risk-free environment in which employees can acquire and practice new skills without jeopardizing client relationships, company equipment, or productivity rates.
2. Data-Driven Learning
Data has been playing a big role in employee Learning and Development for a long time now and will continue to do so in 2024. L&D professionals value it for the unique insights it provides into each employee’s unique learning journey. As we move further into the new year, data analytics will be used to enhance learning effectiveness and personalize corporate training plans in many ways. Some of them will include predictive analytics that highlights future training needs, metrics for the impact of learning on productivity, revenue, etc., as well as learning analytics dashboards that give employees and leaders alike a full picture of their progress.
3. Leveraging Artificial Intelligence
The recent boom of AI makes its inclusion in our list of emerging employee development training trends a given. Artificial Intelligence can be used to automate repetitive tasks, freeing up valuable time that L&D experts can use to maximize training effectiveness. It can also promote adaptive learning by modifying training content accordingly and providing learners with real-time feedback. Moreover, generative AI will be used to create learning materials and simulate scenarios, among others, that cater to each learner’s specific needs. As AI evolves and inevitably replaces some roles, employees will need to develop the skills that it lacks, which brings us to our next trend.
4. Focus On Soft Skills Development
Despite the many benefits of Artificial Intelligence, it hasn’t mastered soft skills such as critical thinking, effective communication skills, and emotional intelligence. In fact, employees will need these skills even more in the future to make sure that AI tools function properly. Moreover, the dynamic and ever-changing nature of the business world is something else that increases the need for soft skill development. Employees who want to succeed will need to be resilient, flexible, and have advanced analytical skills. A lot of emphasis will be placed on leadership, too, as being able to inspire and motivate your team is just as important as industry knowledge and experience.
5. Employee-Driven Learning And Development
There is no room for one-size-fits-all employee development training programs in 2024. Employees will take control of their learning journey and choose the path that best fits their vision for their future development. The most important tool that will help them during this process will be technology. Using learning platforms and microlearning, learners will have the opportunity to not only choose the modality that best suits their learning preferences but also a pace that enables them to effectively balance learning with their everyday responsibilities. Moreover, gamification will enhance engagement and motivation, making learning an overall more enjoyable experience.
6. Outsourcing And Partnering With Training Consultants
Internal L&D teams are made up of skilled professionals with profound knowledge of employee training and development. However, that doesn’t mean that they have to do everything themselves. Collaborating with external experts, whether they are training consultants or specialized online learning platforms, can make a difference in your corporate training strategy and give you innovative solutions to long-standing problems. With their expertise and knowledge of the latest technologies and trends in the industry, these experts can also get you out of a tough spot when your internal team gets overwhelmed with their ongoing projects.
As we welcome the new year, various employee development training trends are defining the landscape of human resources. In this article, we explored a few, but surely more will emerge as time passes and companies become more accustomed to the countless new uses of technology. Take some time to research the trends we discussed and be prepared to invest in the progress and betterment of your workforce—they are the most valuable asset of your organization.