LEGO LEVELS UP ONBOARDING TRAINING WITH CREATIVE, STREAMLINED SOLUTION
Who hasn’t heard of LEGO? The company name is practically synonymous with the colorful building blocks children and creatives love, and is the leading brand of construction toys with 138 retail stores in countries worldwide.
When the visionary company needed to reimagine their onboarding training to update beyond the Flash technology that was quickly becoming obsolete, it also saw an opportunity to develop a more user-friendly course with improved content, an updated design and UX, and gamify the training to improve staff confidence and engagement – all while maintaining the existing instructional integrity of the course - to train the Brick Specialists in the LEGO Brand stores on a global scale.
To keep LEGO’s training in line with their brand, AllenComm sought to create a familiar user experience by designing the learning content to match the company website.
Working closely with LEGO, AllenComm reimagined the previous courseware design to our Fluid Grid Design to help promote learner engagement and converted the previous course from Flash to HTML5. AllenComm also retained the identified business goals and targeted behaviors by designing a 7-part course that features interactive videos, quizzes, activities, worksheets, and a customer service game. Additional flexibility was built into the course by making each learning module compatible with mobile devices.
The course and activities were created to help the LEGO Brand Retail Stores team successfully:
- Reduce the amount of time required for training and streamline the learning process
- Use mobile devices to increase overall accessibility
- Gain confidence for working in the retail space through the implementation of educational customer service games
- Gold Omni Award in Education for LEGO’s Brick Specialist Training
- Summit Award in Education Website for LEGO’s Brick Specialist Training
- Gold Communicator Award of Distinction for Lego
- Communicator Award of Distinction
- Communicator Award of Excellence
- Horizon Award
- Silver Omni Award in Communication
- Silver Omni Award in Education
- Silver Davey Award