How do you engage high school students in US History to keep them motivated, focused, and learning? The educators at SAVVAS , formerly known as Pearson K12 Learning, know a little something about creating a lesson plan.
When they wanted to create a supplemental component to their U.S. History program, they partnered with AllenComm to plan a course that’s flexible, intuitive, and immersive for high school students. Additionally, the component had to be easy for teachers to integrate into their classroom, focus the students’ inquiry, and enhance their understanding.
“AllenComm is an awesome development partner. They’re responsive, innovative, and provide solutions that support our technical requirements and achieve our creative vision, while delivering on time and within budget.”
SAVVAS Team Member
SAVVAS partnered with AllenComm to create Project Imagine: United States History, a modular, digital supplement to their program for high schools. Using AllenComm technology and SAVVAS content, the team created a fully immersive learning experience that helps students see, hear, feel, and experience history in a new way. For example, instead of just learning about Harry Truman and his decision to drop the atomic bomb on Japan in WWII, students are put in a situation where they gather information to help them decide what they would do if they were Harry Truman.
Project Imagine encourages students to ask questions, explore scenarios, and gain a new perspective on historic culture and everyday life through archival video, music, photographs, as well as 360° virtual reality. The topic modules are easy for teachers to access and assign while acting as a support for any U.S. History curriculum.
The Project Imagine Course creates the following outcomes:
- Engages students in learning with a more immersive digital experience
- Increases use of primary sources like photos, historical records, etc. in the classroom by placing them in a more authentic environment
- Helps teachers save time with pre-built digital activities for students
- Gold Omni Award in Education
- Gold Davey Award for Education for Websites
- Gold Davey Award for Schools/Universities for Websites
- Silver Davey Award for Best User Experience for Websites
- Tech & Learning Best of Show
- EdTech Awards Cool Tool Finalist
- Gold Stevie Awards for American Business Awards
- People’s Choice Stevie Awards for Favorite New Products
- Gold Horizon Interactive Award for School/University