See how Performance Support Facilitated Improvements for Toray.
TORAY PERFORMANCE SUPPORT
TORAY PERFORMANCE SUPPORT
At Toray Composite Materials America, Inc. (CMA), factory technicians faced the challenge of operating complex machinery safely with minimal production downtime while maintaining a high product quality standard. To decrease production time and create updated training for new systems and processes, CMA established training goals to increase factory technicians' time to proficiency.
HERE'S WHAT WE DID
The AllenComm Solution
AllenComm worked closely with CMA to develop a learning ecosystem for the facility. Four components—Work Instructions (WINs), Web-Based Training, Instructor-Led Training, and video tutorials—serve as the bedrock of this ecosystem. The modules are designed to be visually engaging, concise and interactive, simulate potential workplace problems, and evaluate learner development.
These components are integrated with the Siteline technology to produce an advanced, technologically savvy training environment that will yield considerable improvements in on-site employee performance. The Siteline app hosts the training and features a content library, 3d modeling, user dashboards, scanning components, and skill checks and evaluations. The training materials contained in the library consist of Work Instructions, Web-based Training, Instructor-led Training, and video tutorials.
The Siteline pilot took place at CMA’s Tacoma facility and investigated hardware, network, user attitudes, configurations, and performance metrics. The pilot phase laid the foundation for the final configurations of the Siteline app, CMA network, physical devices, and set-up. In terms of business impact and operational targets, the pilot was a full success! Standout results include:
- 86% of users agreed or strongly agreed that Siteline would allow them to do their jobs faster and with fewer errors (only 1 participant disagreed)
- 75% of pilot users agreed or strongly agreed that they would be more likely to refer to work instructions in Siteline, compared to the current system
Given the typical organizational challenges with introducing new technology and resistance to change generally, these results are very encouraging. Additionally, current state benchmarking, combined with new features and search standards in Siteline, suggests that content search times can be reduced per shift by at least 15 – 30 minutes for an experienced technician (likely much more for a new technician).
The course and activities are aimed to help new and existing Beautycounter consultants successfully:
- Set themselves on a fast track for advancing to the Managing Director title with the guidance and resources they need
- Prepare themselves for any client conversations by referencing product information, sales tactics, and built-in training tools at home or on the go
- Self-evaluate and set goals by using the My Regimen action planner, which strengthens their critical thinking skills and extends the training journey far beyond the time spent taking the courses
Bronze Brandon Hall Excellence Award for MES Systems Training Technology Implementation
Bronze Brandon Hall Excellence Award for MES Systems Training for Best Unique or Innovative Learning and Development Program