PNC AFFIRMS ITS COMMITMENT TO CREATING AN ACCESSIBLE AND INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENT WITH INTERACTIVE TRAINING
How do you design a learning experience that supports a commitment to inclusivity and accessibility, and builds the confidence needed to open up respectful lines of communication?
When PNC, a nationwide leader in banking and financial services, wanted learning courses to support a culture of accessibility and inclusion, they requested an enterprise-wide accessibility-based learning journey for managers, employees and contractors. The goal was to affirm PNC’s commitment to creating a barrier-free environment where all individuals are included and contribute to making banking easier and more accessible.
- 50,000+ EMPLOYEES
- PERFORMANCE CONSULTING
- INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN
- MOTION GRAPHICS
- CUSTOM ILLUSTRATIONS
The PNC learning solution, All Access, was purposefully designed to accommodate and be accessible to all learners.
AllenComm created an innovative, three-step learning program with the purposeful structure and pacing to help the PNC workforce build proficiency and confidence to effectively and appropriately interact with individuals with disabilities. It includes real-world practice, application, and self-assessment.
The interactive, digital learning course presents scenarios and encourages PNC’s workforce to make decisions that help colleagues and customers feel heard, cared for, and respected.
Noteworthy results include:
- Supported PNC’s commitment to creating a barrier-free environment where all individuals are included and contribute to making banking easier and more accessible
- Resulted in PNC’s first fully accessible learning with closed captioning, video voiceover, navigation ease and alt text (read aloud image descriptions)
- Created an accessible, interactive and engaging course through scenario-based design paired with videos and custom animated characters
- Gold Brandon Hall Excellence Award in Best Use of Section 508 Requirements for Training Platforms category
- Silver Brandon Hall Excellence Award Best Advance in Custom Content category
- Bronze Horizon Interactive Award in Training / eLearning category
- Bronze Horizon Interactive Award in Motion graphics / Effects category
- Bronze Telly Award in the Non-Broadcast General-Diversity & Inclusion category
- Gold Davey Award for General-Diversity, Equity & Inclusion for websites
- Silver Davey Award for Features-Best Use of Video/Moving Images for websites
- Silver Davey Award for General-Corporate Communications for websites