O.C. TANNER SCORES BIG RESULTS WITH GAMIFIED TRAINING
How do you recognize outstanding employees for top performance, get great results and encourage hard work, and stay connected even as work moves into a digital, remote space?
O.C. Tanner, a global engagement company, sought to create a suite of digital leadership training resources to complement their Great Work line of products designed to recognize employees. The training needed to appeal to diverse cultures, industries, and socioeconomic groups. Additionally, the materials needed to be relevant, useful, accessible, and offer opportunities to practice the Great Work skills in a fun and engaging way.
Leaders at O.C. Tanner challenged AllenComm to create a learning solution that would set them apart in the marketplace and go beyond rote learning of concepts by focusing on action-based, real-world application.
SOLUTIONSAllenComm chose to springboard off O.C. Tanner’s proven concepts and specific objectives to design seven gamification modules to be used in their Great Work eLearning. AllenComm set out to create a fun and engaging collection of microcourses that provides a real-life and business results application, and has a lasting effect on the learners. We wanted learners to walk away feeling that the training is absolutely worth their time and contains valuable, retainable information that motivates and supports performance.
The learning modules were designed to accomplish the following:
- Provide a highly engaging, best-in-class learner experience with crisp writing, great design, and dynamic gamification strategies
- Assess the learner’s ability to “try out” skills in ways that don’t feel rote or contrived
- Create an accessible user experience published for desktop and laptop primarily, but also for mobile devices
- Ensure modules are SCORM-compliant
- Gold Brandon Hall Human Capital Management (HCM) Excellence Award for Best Custom Content
- Gold Brandon Hall Human Capital Management (HCM) Excellence Award for Best Use of Games and Simulations for Learning
- Platinum Best of Show Aurora Award
- Horizon Interactive Award