PNC AFFIRMS ITS COMMITMENT TO CREATING AN ACCESSIBLE AND INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENT WITH INTERACTIVE TRAINING
How do you design a learning experience that supports a commitment to inclusivity and accessibility, and builds the confidence needed to open up respectful lines of communication?
When PNC, a nationwide leader in banking and financial services, wanted learning courses to support a culture of accessibility and inclusion, they requested an enterprise-wide accessibility-based learning journey for managers, employees and contractors. The goal was to affirm PNC’s commitment to creating a barrier-free environment where all individuals are included and contribute to making banking easier and more accessible.
The PNC learning solution, All Access, was purposefully designed to accommodate and be accessible to all learners.
AllenComm created an innovative, three-step learning program with the purposeful structure and pacing to help the PNC workforce build proficiency and confidence to effectively and appropriately interact with individuals with disabilities. It includes real-world practice, application, and self-assessment.
The interactive, digital learning course presents scenarios and encourages PNC’s workforce to make decisions that help colleagues and customers feel heard, cared for, and respected.
Noteworthy results include:
- Supported PNC’s commitment to creating a barrier-free environment where all individuals are included and contribute to making banking easier and more accessible
- Resulted in PNC’s first fully accessible learning with closed captioning, video voiceover, navigation ease and alt text (read aloud image descriptions)
- Created an accessible, interactive and engaging course through scenario-based design paired with videos and custom animated characters
- Gold Brandon Hall Excellence Award in Best Use of Section 508 Requirements for Training Platforms category
- Silver Brandon Hall Excellence Award Best Advance in Custom Content category
- Bronze Horizon Interactive Award in Training / eLearning category
- Bronze Horizon Interactive Award in Motion graphics / Effects category
- Bronze Telly Award in the Non-Broadcast General-Diversity & Inclusion category