Learn about the latest in employee engagement within various industries. This week’s influential authors look into employee engagement at an individual level, investing and creating a culture of caring and treating employee engagement as a growing and evolving process.
Get the full stories below.
1. 4 Tips for Working with People Who Couldn’t Care Less About Their Job
Success.com – The key to employee motivation is making the work matter and become meaningful to each employee, individually. Read More
2. Managers in the Digital Age Need to Stay Human
HBR.org- Leaders can be influence in the digital age through new leadership and engagement skills, being personable and involving everyone within the organization. Read More
3. Employees Are Responsible for Their Engagement Too
Gallup.com – Employees will gain more engagement and achievement from their jobs when they individually define and make engagement habits and goals. Read More
4. The 5 Career Stages of Your Ideal Employee
Entrepreneur.com – Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon’s “The 5 Stages of a Ball Player” can directly relate to an effective office worker. Read More
5. Employee Engagement is at an 8-Year Low
HRBartender.com – According to a report by Quantum Workplace, in 2014, 65.9% of workers were engaged, making it the lowest in eight years. Read More
6. Employee Care: Why Following the ‘Golden Rule’ Isn’t Necessarily Best in the Workplace
DisneyInstitute.com – Instead of “Treat others as you would want to be treated,” organizations should try “Treat others as they would want to be treated” for better employee engagement. Read More
7. 5 Simple Strategies to Boost Employee Engagement
Inc.com – Engaged teams give praise, have development plans, flexible work environment, give meaning to the work and create an unique culture. Read More
8. A Disney Leader’s Perspective: Creating A Culture of Care
DisneyInstitute.com – Disney Institute’s employee appreciation revolves around “finding as many ways as practically possible to regularly demonstrate genuine care for your people.” Read More
9. Is Employee Engagement Even a Thing?
TheHiringSite.CareerBuilder.com – Employee engagement should be treated like an evolving process with room for growth and responsiveness. Read More
10. What Employee Engagement Means to Your Bottom Line
TheUndercoverRecruiter.com – Organizations should see employees and employee engagement as a resource to invest in, not exploit. Read More