The Fortune 500 and other cutting-edge companies are using microlearning to change the way they approach training and development. By focusing on short, relevant, engaging content, they are simultaneously gaining more employee buy-in and better overall results. Check out the infographic to learn more about microlearning, 5-in-5s, and other types of training.
Make your training programs more engaging and effective with this learning strategy.
WHAT IS MICROLEARNING?
Microlearning involves the process of reorganizing your training program into several short courses.
WHY DOES IT WORK?
This approach allows your employees to learn a job-specific concept and apply it immediately.
WHY IS THERE SUCH A HIGH DEMAND FOR MICROLEARNING?
- Advances in TECHNOLOGY (Twitter, YouTube, Vine, etc.).
- It’s essential to get employees UP TO SPEED
- A need for SHORTER, MORE RELEVANT training methods.
When compared to traditional training this method SAVES TIME and SAVES COST.
WHO IS USING IT AND WHY?
Companies with 5,000+ employees and/or a global workforce
- Employees LOVE it:
- They learn something they can use, NOW!
- Learners feel more IN CONTROL of their learning experience
- Corporations LOVE it:
- Engages and reinforces for GREATER SUSTAINMENT
- Lower COST and increase employee EFFECTIVENESS
90% of all information learned in a traditional classroom seating is LOST WITHIN 1 YEAR.
HOW DOES RICH MEDIA FIT IN?
- It REFLECTS the way people get information today.
- It tells a STORY
- It can convey A LOT OF INFORMATION in a SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME.
- IT STREAMS ANYWHERE (computers, phones, tablets, etc.)
- VISUALS are processed 60,000x FASTER in your brain than text.
WILL IT WORK FOR MY COMPANY?
- Do you have salespeople or resellers who need product & sales training?
YES! Get them confident and customer-ready fast!
- Do you have employees whose performance would improve with short training segments?
YES! Give them frequent opportunities to refresh their skills!
CONSUMER EDUCATION IS THE KEY TO CONSUMER LOYALTY
Viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a product video.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- PRIORITIZE. Bring the most task relevant content to the forefront.
- Have a curriculum ROAD MAP and ensure your microlearning is part of it.
- Determine how to INCORPORATE RICH MEDIA and other engaging learning elements.
HOW DOES ALLENCOMM HELP CLIENTS MASTER MICROLEARNING?
- We understand your TRAINING GOALS.
- We align those with DESIRED BEHAVIORS.
- We use the right STRATEGY and TOOLS.
- We incorporate RICH MEDIA.
- We create programs that have a LONG SHELF-LIFE.
CONTACT US SO WE CAN MAKE MICROLEARNING WORK FOR YOU!
Tags: elearning development, infographic, Instructional Design,