Allen Communication Learning Services offers a suite of performance improvement solutions designed to support client needs for business transformation. Our solutions include upfront analysis and development of web-based training, instructor-led training, performance support, etc., for a select (Fortune 500) clientele. Currently, we are looking for a Project Lead to work directly with our clients—providing maximum customer satisfaction on time and under budget. For more background on Allen, please visit our website. This full-time, salaried position will work from our Salt Lake City office (no telecommuting).
The Project Lead works to accomplishes project objectives as a facilitator and resource for the Project Management Team by assisting with communication and coordination among project team members and stakeholders. This position is responsible for supporting Senior Project Managers and their teams with the following activities:
- Assist the Senior Project Manager with day-to-day activities including status reporting, financial reporting, time tracking, and project communication
- Assist internal teams, including artists, programmers, and instructional designers, with prioritization of work, resolution of impediments and facilitation of internal meetings
- Lead project resource allocation and management according to project needs
- Apply basic project management methodologies and tools, including, time, resource, risk and issue, scope, quality, and budget management.
- Assist with maintenance of project plans, associated communications, agendas, and meeting minutes as assigned
- Track project milestones and deliverables; develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, user stories, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Fill in for Senior Project Manager when out of the office; tasks include taking on the role as internal lead of project team and filling the role as primary client contact.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change.
- Strong and collaborative work ethic; team-oriented; high integrity.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Presentation skills; ability to clearly convey information to groups of diverse individuals.
- Impeccable integrity and work ethic.
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience with the following software tools: Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Basic understanding and experience of PMI project management related methodologies, tools and techniques preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with Agile Principles and experience working on Scrum team preferred.