JR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER
AllenComm is hiring for Junior Software Engineer. We are a business that is privately held and stable, with a mature client base. We have been around for more than 30 years, and we have a record of sustained, organic growth. Our work in technology-driven learning and performance wins more annual awards than we have display space. If you want to work with amazingly talented teams to deliver innovation and quality, AllenComm could be right for you. We work with the best-known brands in the world, day in, day out, on their most important performance and learning projects. There is no better place in our market to build a diverse portfolio.
The portal team (a specific division within the company) has enjoyed record-breaking success, opening the door to new opportunities and development options in the coming year. We are looking for people with vision and drive, who can help us advance our portal technology in ways that will change our industry. We want candidates who are good at what they do, of course. However, just as important, we want team members who contribute to a smart, friendly culture of innovation and growth. If you have the aptitude and skill to work with leading, global brands, helping to create the next generation of award-winning learning and performance portals, keep reading; we would love to talk with you.
This position will be responsible for developing innovative, creative portals and related solutions using web and mobile tools and technologies. Prior software development experience is required as well as familiarity with Web-based enterprise applications hosted in a Windows server environment.
Demonstrating professional communication abilities, both written and verbal are necessary. In addition, we value creativity, resourcefulness, and a strong desire to learn and grow, and we seek candidates who can contribute to a fun, friendly, smart team culture, helping us continue to build a great work environment for our clients and us. The position’s main responsibilities will be to:
- Program our portal implementations and projects under the direction of a Technical Lead
- Troubleshoot support issues for client implementations
- Mentor the support group for issue resolution
- Communicate effectively in the verbal, written, and visual mediums
- Work with all team members (project manager, product architect, other engineers, product support) to deliver world-class solutions to our Fortune 1,000 – 50 clients
- 1-2 years of experience in software development of web-based applications
- Strong troubleshooting skills and an aptitude for quick learning
- An enthusiasm for software development and emerging technologies
- Ability to work on multiple, time-sensitive projects simultaneously and manage priorities appropriately
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Experience with the following are a plus:
- JQuery and UI aspects of Web-development
- Cross-browser compatibility issues a plus
- Building apps for mobile platforms would also be a plus
- Database Design/Architecture a plus