Instructional Designers at AllenComm partner with a cross-functional team to design and develop transformative online and blended learning solutions. Ideal candidates have a strong background in instructional design, teaching adult learners, professional development, writing, or a related field. They should be able to analyze complex content, collaborate with clients, subject matter experts (SMEs) and internal team members with different areas of expertise, problem-solve to find solutions under time constraints, and write clear, compelling training material. Instructional Designers are expected to use these skills to produce results-driven learning solutions.
AllenComm is a company on the rise, and we pride ourselves on the forward-thinking approach that has made us a leader in the industry. We offer our employees an exciting work environment with a full benefits package and plenty of opportunity for advancement.
- Consult with key business leaders and subject matter experts (SMEs) to gather learning content.
- Analyze complex content to create outlines, scripts, and detailed storyboards for modules.
- Collaborate with clients and internal teams on design solutions.
- Create content that meets clearly defined objectives and competency requirements.
- Apply adult learning theories to write engaging and relevant instructional materials (web-based and instructor-led).
- Coordinate with designers and programmers to meet timeline and quality expectations.
- Develop professional working relationships with clients and colleagues.
Location and Travel
- Offices are based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Occasional business travel is required.
- No telecommuting.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, Marketing and Communications, English or related field.
- 1-3 year’s corporate training and/or instructional design experience.
- Self-motivated, assertive personality with desire and ability to adapt quickly to new information.
- Excellent communication skills, especially in regards to client relationships.
- Effective time management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Adept at analytical problem-solving.
- Team-oriented with strong interpersonal skills.