This position provides leadership for the IT department in developing and enhancing Allen Communication Learning Services operations. Collaborates with Executive Leadership to develop, prioritize, and implement IT strategies that carry out the mission of the organization. Direct and lead all functions of the department (internal staff and external contractors) by evaluating, planning, and coordinating activities associated with IT. Develops, prioritizes, and provides oversight and management of the IT budget. Recommends, develops and implements key IT policies and procedures. Ensures high level of performance for all IT systems, platforms and technologies. Develops and maintains key working relationship with leadership team and external vendors.
- Provide strategy, direction, and planning for Allen Communication Learning Services Information Systems initiatives.
- Responsible for developing, prioritizing, and managing IT operating budget and capital expenditures.
- Provide recommendations/analysis to Executive Staff on Information Technology investments.
- Responsible for hiring, training, development, and supervision of IT staff and contractors.
- Negotiate and maintain external hardware service provider contractual relationship that provides secure, reliable computing environment for Allen Communication Learning Services Enterprise level applications and computing systems.
- Oversees the network management: WAN, LAN, and Remote Access capabilities.
- Develop information systems strategy to address continuity of operations during a disaster recovery scenario or other emergency situation.
- Responsible for creation, review, and implementation of IT policies and procedures.
- Adhere to and promote proper practices and techniques consistent with current operating procedures, training requirements, safety practices, and company policies.
- Manage all areas of IT for the company and the remote data center.
- Design system upgrades for reliability and scalability.
- Maintain the current IT infrastructure: backoffice, desktop, and mobile computers.
- Manage outsourced contractors as needed.
- Review performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements.
- Five to seven years of experience managing IT infrastructure and systems in a high growth business.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 7, 10, Server 2008, 2012, (MS SQL helpful)
- Proficiency with VMware, Veeam Backup
- Proficiency with Networking Hardware and Configuration, specifically Watchguard, Cisco ASA, Juniper and Dell Switches, Barracuda Spam and Virus Filter, VLANS routing, and VPN.
- Proficiency with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP etc.
- Experience with enterprise antivirus management a plus
- Experience with Exchange, Office, Office 365 desirable
- Experience supporting Apple iOS devices and OSX computers a plus
Education / Formal Training Required
- A+ certification preferred.
- Microsoft certifications preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in IT / MIS or other related field