technical support engineer
Finding the right new job is tough. To help, we want to highlight our opportunity before diving into the standard job description. Why? Just like you, we want to work with good people—and that means people who bring not just great expertise, but who also contribute culturally. Here’s why we think the opportunity on AllenComm’s portal team is one worth talking about:
- AllenComm as a business is privately held and stable, with a mature client base. We’ve been around for more than 30 years, and we have a record of sustained, organic growth.
- Our work in technology-driven learning and performance wins more annual awards than we have display space. If you want to work with amazingly talented teams to deliver innovation and quality, AllenComm could be right for you.
- We work with the best-known brands in the world, day in, day out, on their most important performance and learning projects. There’s no better place in our market to build a diverse portfolio.
- The portal team (a specific division within the company) has enjoyed record-breaking success, opening the door to new opportunities and development options in the coming year. We’re looking for people with vision and drive, who can help us advance our portal technology in ways that will change our industry.
In summary, we want candidates who are good at what they do, of course. But just as important, we want team members who contribute to a smart, friendly culture of innovation and growth. If you have the aptitude and skill to work with leading, global brands, helping to create the next generation of award-winning learning and performance portals, keep reading; we’d love to talk with you.
The portal support engineer role is a technical position on the developer/engineering path. In this role, you’ll collaborate with both clients and our internal technical leads, working with our cloud-based hosting environment and configured learning portals. This role is ideal for individuals with foundational technical knowledge looking to grow their skill set.
- Make initial technical assessments of support requests
- Manage issue or request to resolution, including setting expectations with AllenComm resources working to resolve or fulfill, and with clients as well so that the client never feels in the dark
- Be the frontline communication to our clients with support issues and requests (primarily email)
- Provide excellent communication to our clients about the status of resolution or fulfillment of their issues and requests
- Resolve Tier I issues for clients
- Experience with C#, ASP.NET, web forms, MVC, SQL, experience debugging, resolving Tier 1 issues are a plus
- Ability to communicate well with clients on issues and requests: communicating analysis of the issue, empathizing with client concerns, and setting clear expectations
- Strong troubleshooting skills and an aptitude for quick learning
- Ability to work on multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously and manage priorities appropriately
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision