Senior Web Application Developer
AllenComm offers a suite of performance improvement solutions designed to support client needs for business transformation. Our solutions include upfront analysis and development of web-based training, instructor-led training, performance support, mobile solutions, etc., for a select (Fortune 500) clientele. Currently, we are looking for a Senior Application Web Developer to work directly with our internal team to deliver technically sound training solutions. This full-time, salaried position will work from our Salt Lake City office (no telecommuting).
This position will be responsible for developing innovative, creative training solutions using web and mobile tools and technologies. This position will ensure that the finished product meets the design and technical specifications of our clients. Prior software development experience is required as well as familiarity with web-based applications hosted on a variety of server environments. Applicants must have a strong working knowledge of web-based languages and technology platforms as well as possess excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, personal organization and task management skills.
The position’s main responsibilities will be to:
- Design, code, and test complex learning activities based on design specifications.
- Design and develop templates and interfaces.
- Work on multiple concurrent projects that require expertise in multiple technical environments and technologies.
- Communicate with internal and external team members about technical solutions.
- Write technical strategy sections of Design Strategy Documents for client solutions.
- Work closely with Project Managers and other members of the Project Team to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Research new tools, applications, codebases, and frameworks for projects and internal initiatives.
- Design, develop and maintain internal tools and applications both for clients and internal use.
- Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to clients.
- Be a team player with a willingness to teach and to learn (mentoring, collaboration, support for teams).
- 5+ years’ experience in software development of web-based applications.
- Excellent reasoning and problem-solving skills relating to web design and software development.
- An aptitude for quick learning and an enthusiasm for software development and emerging technologies.
- Strong knowledge and experience with CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Strong understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Strong understanding and experience with C# and/or other Object Oriented Programming Languages.
- Experience with client-side templating engines such as Handlebars.js, Mustache.js, dust.js.
- Experience with image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or make small adjustments.
- Experience in development of web-based applications using ASP.NET MVC or similar server-side languages/technologies.
- Experience with accessing data from SQL databases efficiently using technologies such as Entity Framework.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, SVN.
- Experience with Mobile Application development (Native, Hybrid) and Mobile technologies (Java, Objective-C, others) is a plus.
- Experience with Database Design/Architecture is a plus.