Senior Software Engineer
Our Senior Software Engineer is responsible for configuring and developing innovative, creative Learning Portals and related solutions, using the web and mobile tools and technologies. Learn more about our Learning Portal here. Prior software development experience is required, as well as familiarity with web-based enterprise applications hosted in a Windows database server environment.
This position supports and contributes to custom web-portal designs, as well as lead programming, code reviews, and testing. In summary, this means responsibility both for the programming strategies and technical development plans leading to finished products and for meeting client needs and producing best-in-class web-portals.
The Senior Software Engineer will work closely with AllenComm’s technical leadership on architecture strategies for specific clients and AllenComm’s Learning Portal.
- Provide technical strategy and execution (based on the AllenComm Learning Portal model) for custom Portal projects, related performance apps, dashboards, and products
- Work closely with Portal project managers and other members of the project team to deliver timely and fully functional completion of deliverables
- Plan programming sprints and resources to align with the Learning Portal project manager’s schedule for each project
- Troubleshoot issues with clients or with the support group; as well as provide mentoring to the support group for all projects and clients assigned to you
- Work with the project manager to communicate with internal and external team members about project status, issues and anything that impacts the project
- Support technical strategy documentation for client solutions
- Communicate effectively, as a technical expert, with internal and external teams
- Contribute to R&D efforts for new tools, applications, codebases, and frameworks for the core Learning Portal product, related AllenComm products, and internal initiatives
- Work with all team members (project manager, product architect, other engineers, product support) to deliver world-class solutions to our Fortune 1,000 – 50 clients
- 5+ years’ relevant experience
- 3+ years’ ASP.NET experience
- History of successful technical work and client interaction
- Strong understanding and experience with MS SQL databases
- Experience architecting application software and database design is a plus
- Experience customizing and configuring application software is a plus
- Experience with Mobile Application development (Native, Hybrid) and Mobile technologies (Java, Objective-C, others) is a plus
- Client-facing technical experience is beneficial, but not mandatory