Finding the right new job is tough. To help, we want to highlight our opportunity before diving into the standard job description. Why? Just like you, we want to work with good people—and that means people who bring not just great expertise, but who also contribute culturally. Here’s why we think the opportunity on AllenComm’s portal team is one worth talking about:
•Allen’s work in technology-driven learning and performance wins more annual awards than we have display space. If you want to work with amazingly talented teams to deliver innovation and quality, AllenComm could be right for you.
•We work with the best-known brands in the world, day in, day out, on their most important performance and learning projects. There’s no better place in our market to build a diverse portfolio.
•AllenComm as a business has been around for more than 30 years. We have a record of sustained, organic growth.
We want candidates who are good at what they do, of course. But just as important, we want team members who contribute to a smart, friendly culture of innovation and growth. If you fit the bill, keep reading; we’d love to talk with you
This position is responsible for configuring and developing innovative, creative portals and related solutions, using web and mobile tools and technologies. Learn about our portal here. Prior software development experience is required, as well as familiarity with Web-based enterprise applications hosted in a Windows database server environment.
This position supports and contributes to custom Web-portal designs, as well as lead programming, code reviews, and testing. In summary, this means responsilibity both for the programming strategies and technical development plans leading to finished products and for meeting client needs and producing best-in-class Web portals.
This position works closely with Allen’s technical leadership on architecture strategies for specific clients and Allen’s portal products generally.
• Provide technical strategy and execution (based on the Allen portal model) for custom portal projects and related performance apps, dashboards, and products
• Work closely with portal project managers and other members of the project team to deliver timely and fully functional completion of deliverables
• Plan programming sprints and resources to align with the portal project manager’s schedule for each project
• Troubleshoot issues with clients or with the support group and provide mentoring to the support group for all projects/clients assigned to you
• Work with the project manager to communicate with internal and external team members about project status, issues and anything that impacts the project
• Support technical strategy documentation for client solutions
• Communicate effectively, as a technical expert, with internal and external teams
• Contribute to R&D efforts for new tools, applications, codebases, and frameworks for the core portal product, related Allen products, and internal initiatives
• Work with all team members (project manager, product architect, other engineers, product support) to deliver world-class solutions to our Fortune 1,000 – 50 clients
• 5+ years’ relevant experience
• 3+ years’ ASP.NET experience
• History of successful technical work and client interaction
• Strong understanding and experience with MS SQL databases
• The following are a plus:
o Experience architecting application software and database design
o Experience customizing and configuring application software
o Experience with Mobile Application development (Native, Hybrid) and Mobile technologies (Java, Objective-C, others)
• Client-facing technical experience is beneficial, but not mandatory
• Demonstrating professional communication abilities, both written and verbal are a must.
• In addition, we value creativity, resourcefulness, and a strong desire to learn and grow, and we seek candidates who can contribute to a fun, friendly, smart team culture, helping us continue to build a great work environment for us and our clients.
How to Apply
The position includes a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, and we anticipate growth opportunities.
All applicants should send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements via our career portal