Allen Communication offers a suite of performance improvement solutions designed to support client’s needs for business transformation. Our solutions include upfront analysis and development of web-based training, instructor-led training, performance support, customer education, app development and change management support for a select Fortune 500 clientele. The company is growing and seeking to expand into new markets and capitalize on its large blue chip client base. We are seeking a strategic marketing rock-star.
The VP of Brand and Strategic Marketing position will focus on the competitive environment, market opportunities and branding aspect of our business. This person will work on identifying and defining new needs from our B2B accounts as well as to develop and champion strategic insights about new audiences and markets. The role includes overall responsibility for the company’s strategic marketing direction as part of the company’s overall strategic plan. The position will report into the CEO. Reporting into this position will be a Director of Interactive Marketing that manages an integrated team creating marketing campaigns, sales enablement tools and web & digital projects. Future growth for this position will be the hiring and managing of product marketers to support new products and services launched by the company. As a recap the primary role in this position is to identify new marketing opportunities, identify and explore new channel opportunities, set messaging strategy and guide marketing content development.
Candidates must possess:
- Experience in B2B technology marketing and understanding of key targeting IT and C-suite audiences.
- Demonstrable capabilities in the areas of channel development, research, analysis, marketing strategy, messaging and creative brief development.
- Superb analysis and synthesis skills. Advanced writing, presentation and oral communication skills.
- Proven experience in identifying and leading the development of new market opportunities for companies
- Management experience in leading an interactive marketing team
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree and minimum 10+ years of experience in a related marketing function (digital marketing, product marketing, marketing communications, channel marketing, marketing strategy).
- Solid understanding of technology and technology marketing.
- Experience with channel marketing, cloud, mobility and security technologies, desired creative services, education services, technology companies.
- Proven experience in Branding. Extend brand to new areas of opportunity.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Extensive service industry, training industry or other related business services in the communication fields
- High tech or industry and software or solution product management experience: 5+ yrs.
- Experience in cloud services, subscription service channels, channel partner marketing, mobile, web strategy etc. highly desirable.
- Strategic framework for concept generation and understanding of consumer research methodologies.
- Ability to run ideation sessions, synthesizes market and customer insights, and generates solution requirements to solve critical customer problems.
- Ability to synthesize and articulate complex concepts targeted at multiple audiences.
- Passion for technology and good understanding of current technology landscape and issues.
- Ability to create compelling creative story-telling.
- Ability to understand business issues for product development.
- Ability to position the company for growth.
- Extend corporate branding of Allen Communication.
- Manage a Marketing team and other personnel related to new product development.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially PowerPoint.
The position includes a competitive base salary, plus a strong variable compensation package based on commissions and team objectives. We prefer candidates who can work from our Salt Lake City headquarters, but will consider especially strong applicants from other key cities around the country who will be expected to relocate to Utah. If you meet these criteria, we welcome the opportunity to meet with you. No telecommuting. To apply, please complete our Online Application