Finding the right job is tough. To help, we want to highlight our opportunity before diving into the standard job description. Why? Just like you, we want to work with good people—and that means people who bring not just great expertise, but who also contribute culturally. Here’s why we think the opportunity on AllenComm’s portal team is one worth talking about:
• Allen’s work in technology-driven learning and performance wins more annual awards than we have display space. If you want to work with amazingly talented teams to deliver innovation and quality, AllenComm could be right for you.
• We work with the best-known brands in the world, day in, day out, on their most important performance and learning projects. There’s no better place in our market to build a diverse portfolio.
• AllenComm as a business has been around for more than 30 years. We have a record of sustained, organic growth.
We want candidates who are good at what they do, of course. But just as important, we want team members who contribute to a smart, friendly culture of innovation and growth. If you fit the bill, keep reading; we’d love to talk with you
The technical project manager role is a key role in our business. You’ll collaborate with both clients and our internal technical leads to deliver world-class solutions. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of enterprise software, technology-in-general, and strong client-facing project management skills. Key responsibilities include:
• Manage the entire project lifecycle through each stage of design and development, creating trust and rapport with client teams
• Lead efforts with the client to define system requirements, consult on options, and map needs to product capabilities (technical resources will support, but the applicant should have experience working closely with clients on technical configuration).
• Communicate client business needs to internal technical leads for development of user stories
• Manage budget, timeline, and scope of multiple projects at once.
• Lead a cross-functional team to successful project completion.
• Manage the internal project team on delivery including understanding priorities and re-prioritizing when needed, tracking daily and weekly tasks for team members, escalating issues when needed, conducting project stand-up meetings for certain projects.
• Develop relationships with clients, be their advocate, and balance delivering a world-class deliverable with managing scope, budget, and timeline.
• Must be flexible and be able to understand principles of project management and be able to adapt processes to unique clients.
• Manage internal projects, occasionally.
• Facilitate project meetings primarily via web conferencing, occasionally on client site (position requires approximately 0 – 5% travel).
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Experienced software/technology project manager with a proven track record of success
• Experience with large clients preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Project
• Client-facing and client management experience
• Ability to communicate well with clients on issues and requests: communicating analysis of the issue, empathizing with client concerns, and setting clear expectations
• Strong troubleshooting skills and an aptitude for quick learning
• Ability to work on multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously and manage priorities appropriately
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision
This is a fulltime, salaried position in our Salt Lake City office. Please submit applications via our career portal.