What We Do
AllenComm offers a suite of performance improvement solutions designed to support our client needs for business transformation. Our solutions include upfront analysis and development of web-based training, instructor-led training, performance support, etc., for a select (Fortune 500) clientele. For more information about AllenComm, please visit our website at www.allencomm.com. This position will work from our Salt Lake City office (no telecommuting).
Is This For You?
• Do you like fixing things?
• Do you enjoy working with people?
• Are you more likely to figure out how something can be done or explain why it can’t?
• Do you have strong communication skills?
• Do you take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution?
• Do you like learning new technologies?
This position provides daily operational support to on-site customers, including: installing, maintaining, and repairing desktop and peripheral hardware; and monitoring of technology infrastructure to avert potential problems. Position may act as customer liaison for production systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Troubleshooting software, network, printers, mail, and operating system issues for internal end-users.
• Diagnose and resolve issues in order to effectively provide front line technical support to the end-user.
• Respond to user help requests and utilize ticketing system in accordance with established procedures.
• Track email requests sent to the help desk mailbox and open and edit tickets.
• Escalate high priority issues using established guidelines.
• Identify trends related to help requests and support issues.
• Assist with Build and deploy desktop PC’s, and testing of group policies pushed to machines.
• Perform scheduled upgrades for workstations and devices not currently being managed under WSUS.
• Undertake miscellaneous projects in addition to regular help desk duties.
Job and Industry Experience Required:
• Minimum of 1-2 years of helpdesk experience supporting Microsoft, Linux, and Mac OS/X operating systems.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Team-oriented, results-driven, flexible, and proactive.
• Ability to be self-driven and exercise critical thinking skills.
• Ability to work in a very fast paced and energized environment.
• Ability to efficiently prioritize and handle multiple issues at once.
• Be passionate about information technology and client services.
Education/ Formal Training Required:
High School Graduate (Associates degree in Information Systems or HS diploma with appropriate IT certifications preferred).
Allen Communication Learning Services offers equal opportunity employment to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. AA/EOE
Applicants interested in this part-time position should apply directly through our career portal.