Finding the right new job can be tough. To help, we want to highlight our opportunity before diving into a standard job description. Why? Just like you, we want to work with good people—and that means people who bring not just expertise, but who also contribute to our mission and our culture. Here’s why we think this opportunity is one worth getting excited about:
• AllenComm as a business is well-known in the industry and stable, with a mature client base. We work with great companies on great projects, day in, day out.
• Our work wins more awards than we have display space. If you want to work with talented teams on innovation and quality, AllenComm is a good fit.
• AllenComm’s portal technologies consistently push industry innovations. This role will lead our portal technologies business, as well as head our R&D team and new product development.
• This is a senior executive leadership role, with a potential equity stake as the division expands
This position is responsible for overseeing AllenComm’s technologies division, which includes two major functional areas: Learning / performance portals and our Siteline platform (a new and highly innovative performance acceleration technology, with an established R&D budget, vision, and team). This division of the company has grown consistently in recent years and includes a portfolio of many of the best-known companies in the world.
• This position reports to the CEO of the Allen Group.
• The ideal candidate will be an experienced business leader and strategist, comfortable interfacing as a leader with client teams, sales and marketing, our services division, and, of course, our technologies team. Our internal team includes technical and operations leadership; programming leads, engineers, and developers (both internal and contract); support; and project management.
• The applicant should be adept at working as a leader with engineers and IT experts.
• An innovative, growth-oriented mindset is key, as is cultural fit and collaboration with company leadership.
• The Siteline platform is a new product within the company, operating much like a start-up. The applicant should be comfortable growing the team and heading new product strategy efforts. The applicant will need to feel comfortable occasionally “rolling up his/her sleeves” during the first year.
• S/he is responsible for overall division P&L and target-setting, under the direction of the CEO.
• The applicant will develop and maintain relationships with industry opinion leaders, client-side executives, and AllenComm’s executive team
• The applicant is expected to lead the business strategy for the division, working with the CEO and direct reports within the division (CTO and VP of portal operations)
• History of success as a business leader
• B2B systems experience
• Experience with technology services or products, especially in cloud-based applications
• Background in technology management roles and working with Research and Development as well product development
• MBA or related graduate degree, with preference given to candidates with engineering or software development degrees
Applicants interested in this full-time, salaried position should send a resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) via our career portal
About Allen: For three decades, the award-winning learning and development experts at Allen Communication Learning Services have helped many of the world’s largest companies sharpen their organizational performance in product acumen, compliance, and business processes. Allen delivers lasting business results for its partners using proven approaches in custom training, emergent learning technologies, and blended curriculum design, as well as learning portal integration.