Finding the right new job is tough. To help, we want to highlight our opportunity before diving into the standard job description. Why? Just like you, we want to work with good people—and that means people who bring not just great expertise, but who also contribute culturally. Here’s why we think the opportunity on AllenComm’s portal team is one worth talking about:
- AllenComm as a business is privately held and stable, with a mature client base. We’re not venture-funded—in fact, we’ve been around for more than 30 years, and we have a record of sustained, organic growth.
- Our work in technology-driven learning and performance wins more annual awards than we have display space. If you want to work with amazingly talented teams to deliver innovation and quality, AllenComm could be right for you.
- We work with the best-known brands in the world, day in, day out, on their most important performance and learning projects. There’s no better place in our market to build a diverse portfolio.
- The portal team (a specific division within the company) has enjoyed record-breaking success, opening the door to new opportunities and development options in the coming year. We’re looking for people with vision and drive, who can help us advance our portal technology in ways that will change our industry.
In summary, we want candidates who are good at what they do, of course. But just as important, we want team members who are genuinely motivated to contribute to a fun, friendly culture of innovation and growth. If you have the aptitude and skill to work with leading, global brands, helping to create the next generation of award-winning learning and performance portals, keep reading; we’d love to talk with you.
- Be the frontline communication to our clients with support issues and requests
- Provide excellent communication to our clients about the status of resolution or fulfillment of their issues and requests
- Resolve Tier I issues for clients
- Manage issue or request to resolution, including setting expectations with Allen resources working to resolve or fulfill, and with clients as well so that the client never feels in the dark
- 2 or more years’ experience in application support or maintenance related to web applications or similar products
- Expertise in communicating with clients on issues and requests: communicating analysis of the issue, empathizing with client concerns, and setting clear expectations
- Verifiable experience working with clients (external or internal) in an application support capacity
- Strong troubleshooting skills and an aptitude for quick learning
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously and manage priorities appropriately
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- A strong understanding of the internet and web browsers
- The following are a plus:
- Experience debugging
- Experience resolving Tier 1 issues
This is a fulltime, salaried position in our Salt Lake City office and may require occasional evening or weekend hours depending on client and project needs. Please include detailed descriptions of previous related work (as well as compensation requirements) in your cover letter. Please apply via our online application form