Finding the right new job is tough. To help, we want to highlight our opportunity before diving into the standard job description. Why? Just like you, we want to work with good people—and that means people who bring not just great expertise, but who also contribute culturally. Here’s why we think the opportunity on AllenComm’s portal team is one worth talking about:
- AllenComm as a business is privately held and stable, with a mature client base. We’re not venture-funded—in fact, we’ve been around for more than 30 years, and we have a record of sustained, organic growth.
- Our work in technology-driven learning and performance wins more annual awards than we have display space. If you want to work with amazingly talented teams to deliver innovation and quality, AllenComm could be right for you.
- We work with the best-known brands in the world, day in, day out, on their most important performance and learning projects. There’s no better place in our market to build a diverse portfolio.
- The portal team (a specific division within the company) has enjoyed record-breaking success, opening the door to new opportunities and development options in the coming year. We’re looking for people with vision and drive, who can help us advance our portal technology in ways that will change our industry.
In summary, we want candidates who are good at what they do, of course. But just as important, we want team members who are genuinely motivated to contribute to a fun, friendly culture of innovation and growth. If you have the aptitude and skill to work with leading, global brands, helping to create the next generation of award-winning learning and performance portals, keep reading; we’d love to talk with you.
The application programmer/implementation lead (APIL) will be responsible for acting as the technical lead on projects for our clients, defining programming efforts tied to developing innovative, creative portals and related solutions using web and mobile tools and technologies. The APIL will directly interact with our clients to understand their needs, create technical designs, program, review code, test, and generally ensure that programming strategies and technical development plans lead to finished products that meet client needs and represent best-in-class web portal design approaches. Prior client-facing software development coding experience is required, as is knowledge of database and server environments.
Demonstrating professional communication abilities, both written and verbal, is a must. In addition, we value creativity, resourcefulness, and a strong desire to learn and grow, and we seek candidates who can contribute to a fun, friendly, smart team culture, helping us continue to build a great work environment for us and our clients.
This position is 75% billable, and will coordinate with Allen’s CTO on architecture strategies for client projects.
The position’s main responsibilities will be to:
- Provide technical strategy and execution (based on the Allen portal model) for custom portal projects and related performance apps, dashboards, and products
- Work closely with portal project managers and other members of the project team to deliver timely and fully functional completion of deliverables
- Plan programming efforts to align with the portal project manager’s schedule for each project (the APIL is the technical project manager on each project, while the portal project manager manages overall schedule, budget, and deliverables)
- Troubleshoot issues with clients or with the support group and provide mentoring to the support group for all projects/clients assigned to you as the APIL
- Communicate with internal and external team members about project status, issues and anything that impacts the project
- Write technical strategy sections of Design Strategy Documents for client solutions
- Communicate effectively in the verbal, written, and visual mediums
- Contribute to R&D efforts for new tools, applications, codebases, and frameworks for projects and internal initiatives
- 6+ years’ relevant experience
- History of successful technical team leadership and client interaction
- Strong understanding and experience with MS SQL databases
- The following are a plus:
- Experience architecting application software and database design
- Experience customizing and configuring application software
- Experience with Mobile Application development (Native, Hybrid) and Mobile technologies (Java, Objective-C, others)
- Client-facing experience is strongly desired
HOW TO APPLY
The position includes a competitive salary and benefits package, and we anticipate growth opportunities. All applicants should send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements via our online application form